The Road not Taken | English class 9 | Beehive 9 |
The Road not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that the morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in a wood and I —
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.
ROBERT FROST
This poem which is written above " The road not taken" is a very famous poem by Robert Frost. This poem tells about a situation when Robert Frost had to take a choice. We should also implement the same choice in our life. Now for implementing the choice we should know the meaning of the poem.
In the first stanza the poet is saying one's upon a time he was traveling and suddenly he saw two roads diverging in a forest. Here "yellow wood" means poet was travelling when it was autumn and wood refers to the forest. After that poet said that he could not travel the both path as one person cannot be at two places at same time. He stood there for sometime and he looked one of the path as far as he could.
In second stanza he begins saying that he also looked the second path like the first one. After looking both the paths he thought that the second path would be better option to choose as that path was grassy and less travelled. But when he started walking on the path he thought that both paths were almost same.
Now he begins the third stanza and he said, in that morning, leaves of both path were not trodden. But he went on the second path taking the risk though he was knowing that one way leads the other way. He left the first for another day. He doubted if he would ever come back.
In the last stanza poet said that he was speaking with sigh, after many years he knew the difference that was made after choosing the right path.
Now the poet became successful in his life due to his decision. We should implement same thing in our life too.
Thanku for reading. Do subscribe to my news letter by clicking subscribe button and also comment.

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.